Skip to Main Content
Do Not Show Again
Links and Resources
Create a Website Account
- Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
Website Sign In
Live, Work, Play
I Want To...
Anatomy of a Michigan Prosecution
1. Crime is committed.
6. Juvenile pre-trial conference pleads guilty or trial is held.
2. Crime is reported to police.
7. Trial, victim/witness may testify.
3. Police investigate.
8. Juvenile disposition hearing.
4. Prosecutor evaluates case; warrant issued.
9. Review hearing.
5. Preliminary inquiry or hearing. Court determines to/not authorize petition.
Slideshow Left Arrow
Slideshow Right Arrow