Statutory FeesMCLA 600.2567
- $30 Flat rate per document. Effective October 1, 2016, fee is no longer based on number of pages being recorded ($4 MSSR fee for remonumentation is included).
- $3 - Each additional assignment or discharge for documents assigning or discharging more than one instrument.
- $5 - Minimum charge for grantor/grantee search (50¢ per year searched).
Warranty Deeds - Land ContractsA tax certificate must be obtained from the County Treasurer's Office prior to recording any of the following [MCLA 211.135]: (A separate check is required for the tax certification, made payable to the Jackson County Treasurer and must be included with your recordings.)
Assignment of Land Contracts with warranty clause.
Tax Certificate fee for the above documents - Separate $5 check made payable to Jackson County Treasurer.
Copy FeesMake check payable to the Register of Deeds.
- Real estate records copies - $1 per page
- U.C.C. filing, per page - $2 per page
- State or Federal tax lien - $1 per page
- Plats of record - $1 per page
- Certification of any of the above copies - $5 per document
Search FeeMake check payable to the Register of Deeds.
- State Tax Lien search - $3 per name
- Federal Tax Lien search - $3 per name
Amanda L. KirkpatrickCounty Clerk / Register of Deeds
Jennie KingChief Deputy Register of Deeds
Register of DeedsPhysical Address
120 W Michigan Ave
Jackson, MI 49201
120 W Michigan Ave 12th Floor Jackson MI 49201
Phone: : 517-788-4350Fax: : 517-788-4686
Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday:
8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
(Open during the lunch hour)
The Register of Deeds Office is closed on all legal holidays.