Create a Website Account - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
Learn More About theNovember 3, 2020Road Improvement Bond Proposal
To bring all of the local roads and village streets in Grass Lake Charter Township back to an optimal condition will cost $26,291,689. The Jackson County Department of Transportation will cover 30% of the total cost of rehabilitating local roads in the Township. The Road Improvement Bond Proposal on the November 3rd ballot would allow the remaining 70% of funding for local roads and 100% of the funding for village streets to come from a millage spread over 21 years. In this case, approximately 4.12 mills are needed, which would equal $4.12 per $1,000 of taxable property value. If approved, the complete project cost would be borrowed through a bond, so that work could start in 2021 with the goal of completing the project in 2024.
Join us for an Informational Town Hall Meetings via Zoom, hosted jointly by Grass Lake Charter Township, the Village of Grass Lake, and the Jackson County Department of Transportation.
Join by Phone 1-312-626-6799 Webinar ID # 950 799 7233
Grass Lake Millage Informational BrochureGrass Lake Millage Exhibit A - MapGrass Lake Millage Exhibit B - List of Roads