Mission - Vision Statement - Values - Social Media Policy
It is the mission of the Jackson County Office of the Sheriff to provide the highest quality law enforcement and public safety services to the citizens of Jackson County.
The Jackson County Office of the Sheriff aspires to be a world-class leader in policing, a model for character, innovation, and service. We strive to protect our diverse and dynamic community with fairness, integrity, and respect for the rights of the individual. We resolve to develop a creative, forward-thinking workforce, dedicated to raising our level of excellence to meet the challenges of tomorrow.
We adhere and foster the values of Integrity, Professionalism, Respect, Teamwork, and Accountability.
Social Media Policy
The Sheriff’s Office social media site serves as a limited public forum and all content published is subject to monitoring. User-generated posts will be rejected or removed (if possible) when the content includes any of the following:
1. Obscenity or material that appeals to the prurient interest.
2. Personal identifying information or sensitive personal information or information which violates the privacy right of others.
3. Offensive, abusive, disparaging or defamatory terms that target protected classes.
4. Threatening, harassing or discriminatory content.
5. Incites or promotes violence or illegal activities , or the violation of any federal, state, or local law, regulation, or ordinance.
6. Information that reasonably could compromise individual or public safety.
7. Advertises or promotes a commercial product or service, or any entity or individual.
8. Violation of copyrights or registered trademarks.
9. Promotes or endorses political campaigns or candidates.
Social media sites used by the Sheriff’s Office are subject to applicable public records laws. Any content maintained in a social media format related to Sheriff’s Office business, including communications posted by the Sheriff’s Office and communications received from citizens, is a public record. Any appearance of external links on this site does not constitute endorsement on behalf of the Sheriff’s Office.