Skip to Main Content
Do Not Show Again
Create a Website Account
- Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
Website Sign In
Live, Work, Play
I Want To...
News Flash Home
The original item was published from 11/17/2020 11:43:28 AM to 11/17/2020 12:06:30 PM.
Posted on: November 17, 2020
[ARCHIVED] Temporarily Closed
We want to update you as we go through this shelter quarantine time together, below is additional information that may be helpful to you:
1. The employee that tested positive was at the shelter on Friday and Saturday morning. This person was also wearing a mask while working both days.
Per the health department, if you were both wearing masks appropriately you have minimal risk for transmission.
You are advised to self-monitor for 14 days. If you develop symptoms call the Henry Ford Covid line for testing. 517-205-6100
2. The shelter has had a professional Covid deep clean and will be receiving professional cleaning once a week.
3. The majority of employees have been or are being tested, as a precaution. We will keep you updated on the status as we learn more.
Unfortunately, we will have to reschedule our surgeries that are scheduled for this week and next. You can expect a call from our clerks with more information and a new date.
4. Services still available to you:
a) Owner requested euthanasia by appointment firstname.lastname@example.org or 517-788-4464
b) Return of stray animals by appointment 517-788-4464 or message our Facebook page
c) Foster program-if you want to help contact: email@example.com
d) Cat adoption at PetSmart or Pet Supplies Plus
**Adoption via the pet stores will allow kitties from the shelter to move there for a chance at finding a home of their own.
5. You can still submit applications for pets you are interested in!
You can find our adorable adoptables on
and submit an application directly from the site.
6. Our reopen date for normal business is currently scheduled for November 28th.
Thank you for your patience and understanding! Stay safe!
As we see COVID-19 cases on the rise in many places, we sadly want to inform you JCAS has also been affected.
We currently have a case of Covid-19 positive exposure at the shelter. To ensure the protection of our team and overall community health, we are closing the shelter at this time.
If you were at JCAS on Friday, November 13, please follow the Jackson County Health Department recommendations for further guidance. For more information, you can find contact numbers in this link:
Rest assured, the animals will still be cared for.
If you have an animal EMERGENCY such as a dog bite, call 911.
If you have an urgent issue that needs our attention or if you think your pet is in the shelter, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
It is our fervent hope, that everyone stays safe as we get through this difficult time TOGETHER.
Live Work Play
I Want To...
Slideshow Left Arrow
Slideshow Right Arrow