Can I continue receiving support if my child goes to college?
No. Child support can continue up to age 19 ½ if the child attends high school on a full-time basis with a reasonable expectation of completing credits to graduate and the child continues to reside with the person who receives the support payments. If the child has graduated, support ends on the child’s 18th birthday.

Show All Answers

1. The other party and I are in agreement regarding child support, parenting time and custody, and do not wish to use the Friend of the Court. Do we have to utilize the Friend of the Court Service?
2. How do I get a child support case started?
3. The non-custodial parent is not paying support as ordered. Can I withhold parenting time?
4. I pay child support and an amount toward ordinary medical each week. Why should I have to pay for annual ordinary medical through my employer?
5. My support is the same as it was when I divorced years ago. What can I do to have my support reviewed?
6. Can I continue receiving support if my child goes to college?
7. My court order says to pay support through the Michigan State Disbursement Unit. May I pay the other parent directly?
8. If I am receiving TANF or Department of Human Services public assistance, may I also receive child support?