The other party is not following our parenting time provisions. What can I do?
You may wish to review the enforceable / non-enforceable provisions of your parenting time order. If your complaint is an enforceable provision, you will want to File a Parenting Time Complaint at the office within 56 days of the incident. The Friend of the Court (FOC) starts enforcement by sending a copy of the written complaint to the accused party within 14 days after the FOC office receives the complaint. If the FOC office determines that the order has been violated, “make up parenting time” may be suggested, mediation may be scheduled, or action started that requires the party to show cause why the court should not find the party in contempt.

Our address is
1697 Lansing Avenue
Jackson, MI 49201

You also have the option of filing a Motion Regarding Parenting Time requesting a change in your parenting time provisions.

Find all of these forms and more on our Forms Online page.

Show All Answers

1. I think that my child is being abused/neglected during parenting time spent with the other parent. What should I do?
2. Do I have to have an attorney to file a Motion Regarding Parenting Time, Support or Custody?
3. My order states that I have “reasonable” parenting time. What does that mean?
4. The other party is not following our parenting time provisions. What can I do?
5. The other party never returns clothing or other personal items after parenting time. What can I do?
6. The other party never exercises his/her parenting time. Can you enforce that he/she see the child(ren)?
7. My children do not want to visit with the other parent. Do I have to make them go?
8. I believe the other party is using drugs and/or under the influence of alcohol. Do I have to allow the children to go with parent for scheduled parenting time?