Victims of Domestic Assault

You may obtain a copy of the police incident report for your case by contacting the Jackson County Office of the Sheriff. Click here to make a request.

Your legal rights include the right to go to court and file a petition requesting personal protection order to protect you or other members of your household from domestic abuse which could include restraining or enjoining the abuser from doing the following:

-Entering onto premises.

-Assaulting, attacking, beating, molesting, or wounding you.

-Removing minor children from you, except as otherwise authorize by a custody or parenting time issued by a    court of competent jurisdiction.

-engaging in stalking behavior.

-purchasing or possessing a firearm.

-Interfering with your efforts to remove your children or personal property from premises that are solely owned or leased by the abuser.

-Interfering with you at your place of employment or education or engaging in conduct that impairs your employment relationship or your employment or educational environment.

-Engaging in any other specific act or conduct that imposes upon or interferes with your personal liberty or that causes a reasonable apprehension of violence.

-Having access to information records concerning any minor child you have with the abuser that would inform the abuser about your address or telephone number, the child's address or telephone number, or your employment address.

Your legal right also include the right to go to court and file a motion for an order to show cause and a hearing if the abuser or perpetrator is violating the protection order and has not been arrested.