Veteran ID Card / DD 214

ID Card


Veteran Health ID Card (VHIC)

Veterans must be enrolled in VA health care system to receive a VHIC.  To find out if you are qualified for VA health care click here or contact our office. 

Military ID Card

To obtain a Military ID Card, you will need to provide documents and go to your nearest DEERS office to request. Click here for the nearest office to Jackson. 

Veterans Discount Card

To receive your free Veteran ID Card from Jackson County for discounts and more, you will need to file your DD-214 with the County Clerk's Office.  For more information click here 


How to obtain a copy

click-here-button-g6517148f2_1920 Opens in new window

To locate your DD214 with the Michigan Veterans Affairs Agency (MVAA) or by calling 1-800-642-4838.

click-here-button-g6517148f2_1920 Opens in new window

If MVAA is unable to locate your file, you may request military service records from the National Archives.