Skip to Main Content
Do Not Show Again
Links and Resources
Create a Website Account
- Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
Website Sign In
Live, Work, Play
I Want To...
Anatomy of a Michigan Prosecution
1. Crime is committed.
7. Arraignment in Circuit Court.
2. Crime is reported to police.
8. Pretrial is held.
3. Police investigate.
9. If trial, victim/witness may testify.
4. Prosecutor evaluates case; warrant issued.
10. Defendant is acquitted or convicted of crime.
5. Suspect arrested and arraigned.
11. Defendant is sentenced.
6. Preliminary Exam/ Bind Over to Circuit Court.
Slideshow Left Arrow
Slideshow Right Arrow