Drug Court Administrative Order
- Authority for this Order: MCL 600.101 to MCL 600.9947, MCR 8.111 (B), MCR 8.110
- Effective Date of Order: August 1, 2004
Prior Related Administrative OrdersAO- 2004-2 Drug Court that is rescinded by this order which expands the original order by adding a provision for balancing the caseload.
Rationale & Purpose For This OrderThe purpose of this Order is to establish a "Drug Court docket" to provide more intensive supervision and treatment and Court involvement for drug and alcohol offenders as set forth in the Mission Statement and Goals.
Case ReassignmentPending case prior to June 1, 2004 - These shall remain with the judge to whom they were assigned and are ineligible for the Drug Court.
- Cases arraigned on and after June 1, 2004
- Type of cases and eligibility: Set forth in Standard Operating Procedures
- Assignment: All "drug court cases "shall be assigned to Judge Charles A. Nelson subject to the provisions of the Standard Operating Procedures.
- Disposition of cases: The cases shall be disposed per a protocol developed by the Drug Court Team.