Modifying a Parenting Time Order

Parenting Time orders should accurately reflect the parenting time arrangement between the parties. Either party can take action to modify the parenting time provisions should the need arise. Below are 3 ways you can go about modifying your parenting time order.

Agreement Between the Parents

If you and the other parent agree that a change in your parenting time order is necessary, the Friend of the Court can offer mediation services to allow you the opportunity to meet and develop a new parenting time order.

Please review the Parenting Time Consent Procedure (PDF) to learn more.

If you would like to schedule an appointment to change your parenting time order, please fill out a Parenting Time Consent Agreement (PDF) and submit the completed form to our office.


If you and the other party agree that changes need to be made to your parenting time order, or would like an opportunity to meet with a neutral 3rd party to discuss ongoing issues regarding your parenting time, parties can request mediation. Mediation is an opportunity for parties to meet with a neutral 3rd party in an effort to resolve conflicts regarding parenting time. Mediation is confidential as outlined by law. If parties are able to reach an agreement, the mediator will prepare an order based on the agreement which can be submitted to the court. For more information, please see our Mediation Page. Request Parenting Time Mediation (PDF).

Filing a Motion

If you and the other parent are not in agreement to a change in your parenting time order, either party may file a motion with the courts to request a change in parenting time. This can be done through the services of an attorney, or by filing a motion with the court. The Motion to Change Parenting Time (PDF) is available at the Friend of the Court office, or the Court Clerk's office.